I’ve been on the quest to find the perfect (read: low maintenance) routine that can work with hectic life for a while now. I’m always trying and reading to find the secret to perfect skin. Don’t get wrong, I love a good red lipstick and a fully done face when the time is right, but my everyday routine is pretty much wash (properly) and go.
I discovered a while ago that my skin hates me less if I don’t cake on foundation, so I had to find the courage to start going in public with a naked face. Let’s just say that it takes a while to get used to that feeling. All I apply these days is a bit of blush and if I’m feeling really fancy, then some mascara. BB/CC creams are reserved for high low occasions like when the queen invites me over for tea, or date nights!
What I focus on these days is the steps before I apply my makeup, and have found something as close to perfection as I can get without going in for a facial every 2 weeks.
I should note that I sensitive skin.
My routine starts like everyone’s should- with cleaning my face thoroughly. This is where my Clarisonic Mia 2 ( $175.00Availability: Sephora, the Bay and Holt Renfrew) comes in. I worship that gadget. It gives me the ability to clean my face in a set amount of time. It also lifts EVERYTHING that may have settled on my face during the day. I’m not claiming that this is the only way, but it’s my secret to perfect skin!
The great thing about the Clarisonic Mia 2 is that it has a built-in timer. I remember getting carried away when I first got it, but the little beeps kept me in check.
Here’s how it works:
- I wet your face and apply my favourite cleanser to my face directly. I tend to switch between my Shu Uemura Cleansing oil, Perricone MD nutritive cleanser, and the Consonant face wash. Both do a great job. If you have Shu Uemura cleansing oil at home, make sure you only use 3 pumps.
- Turn on the Mia 2. I normally wet the brush http://premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/antibiotics/ really quickly first. The built-in timer lets know when it’s time to switch to a different part of your face. Your entire face takes 1 min ( 20 seconds on your forehead, 20 seconds on your T-Zone, and 10 on each cheek)
- Rinse. And that’s all.
I normally wash my face twice a day, but I also pay attention to how my skin is reacting. If it starts feeling sensitive then I cut it back to once a day.
The rest of my beauty routine relies heavily on having a clean palette.
I use Clinique for my toner and moisturizer. I’ve had the same moisturizer for years, and it works wonders after I use my Clarisonic Mia 2. The moisturizer just soaks in!
The only thing I add is the Dermalogica – AGE Smart Antioxidant Hydramist to give me that dewy look all day.
How to find your perfect beauty routine:
- Start with a clean palette. That means clean it everyday.
- Try one new product out a time. This allows you to see if your skin reacts to it or not.
- Give it time! Normally it can take anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks for your skin to adjust to a new routine or product.
- Know your skin type, and look for products that specifically designed for your skin type.
- Don’t cover it up! Skin reactions are a skin of something wrong under the surface. Putting makeup on it clogs your pores even more, and doesn’t allow your skin to heal properly.
Some of the perks of being the Editor of a beauty and fashion magazine is getting to try all sorts of new products that hit that market, but my Clinique moisturizer and Mia 2 has been favorites from the minute I got my hands on them. If you have any other tips on how to get perfect skin, feel free to send me an email or leave a comment.
Since we’re a site that loves to share the things we love, we have something VERY exciting for you!
We’re giving away a CLARISONIC MIA 2 to 1 lucky winner.
Enter below and be sure to answer what your secrets to perfect skin is!
a Rafflecopter giveaway