I have this thing for banana nut. I don’t even care what nut (banana peanut butter is delicious!) I’m just happy to chow down on anything banana nut.
No exception is made for this chocolate chip banana nut bread. Any time you combine two favorites (chocolate + banana nut), you’ve got a guaranteed winner.
We’ve discussed a general love of banana before, so I needn’t go on about it. You’ll also love how easy this bread is.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2.5-3 medium ripe, mashed bananas
- 2 cups flour (all purpose, but you can use 1 cup whole wheat to trick yourself into thinking it’s healthy)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or to taste)
Cream the butter and the sugar together until lump free, then beat in eggs, one at a time. Add mashed banana.
Add the flour and baking soda to the wet mixture; stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
You can leave the walnuts and chocolate chips out and it will still make a good banana bread, but what is the fun in that?
Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about an hour depending on your oven.
Cover after it’s cooled to retain moisture.