Quotes are so inspiring.
We’ve rounded up the best travel quotes out there just for you .
I had just finished my internship after graduating college when I got my first impulse to just go.
While friends were securing jobs and cozying into their 9 to 5’s, I had a revelation that life was, from now on, entirely what I wanted to do with it.
I knew I needed to know myself on a deeper level before I could walk into an interview and honestly answering those questions about myself. I knew I needed richer life experiences – the kind that are better had at 22 than at 32.
I knew I needed to live independently, truly on my own. I knew the world was out there, waiting for me. And I knew the questions I had of myself and the world, I would find answers on the road. I knew I had to travel.
And so, one day, I just did. Here are some words that sparked a mind shift to inhale deep, make some plans and take the leap.
- “When we get out of the glass bottle of our ego and when we escape like the squirrels in the cage of our personality and get into the forest again, we shall shiver with cold and fright. But things will happen to us so that we don’t know ourselves. Cool, unlying life will rush in.”
– D.H. Lawrence
- “You can do things in your early 20s that you can’t do as well before or after, like plunge deeply into projects on a whim and travel super cheaply with no sense of a deadline. For unambitious people, this sort of thing is the dreaded “failure to launch,” but for the ambitious ones it can be an incomparably valuable sort of exploration. If you start a startup at 20 and you’re sufficiently successful, you’ll never get to do it again.”
- “Love yourself. Then forget it. Then, love the world.”
– Mary Oliver
- “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as wide as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them — wherever you go.”
– Anthony Bourdain
- “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasantest sensations in the world”
– Freya Stark
- “So come to the pond, or the river of your imagination, or the harbor of your longing, and put your lips to the world. And live your life”
– Mary Oliver
- “They should tell you when your born: Have a suitcase heart, be ready to travel.”
– Gabrielle Zevin
Travel on, darlings!