From those little lines around your lips to the crow’s feet beside your eyes, wrinkles are one of the biggest factors in aging skin. Skin gets thinner as it ages, leading to a decrease in the collagen that keeps skin elastic and smooth. But just because you’re getting older doesn’t mean it has to show. Here are 10 simple and easy ways to fight wrinkles, so you can age more gracefully and look as young as you feel.
- Stay in the shade. Exposure to the sun’s harmful rays damages your skin, leading to sunburns, wrinkles, leathery skin, and even skin cancer. Protect your skin by wearing a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher every day.
- Apply products in the right order. Gels and serums can’t penetrate through thick layers of creams and lotions. Always apply the more lightweight products first, and use the heavier products after. Also, wait a few minutes in between layers.
- Sleep on your back. Sleeping with your face pressed against a pillow for several hours can push your skin, creating pressure-induced wrinkles. Sleeping on your back prevents any facial stretching or bunching, and keeps the oils trapped on your pillowcase away from your skin.
- Sip without the straws. Constantly pursing your lips around a straw causes lip lines around the top, bottom, and sides of your mouth.
- Exfoliate your skin one to two times per week before applying moisturizer. This will allow the ingredients in the moisturizer to better penetrate your skin, giving you deeper hydration and better results.
- Get the proper eyewear and let your eyes relax. With the wide variety of designer frames and comfortable contact lenses, there’s no excuse for squinting. Wear glasses or contacts.
- Keep overly animated facial expressions to a minimum. Raised eyebrows and wide smiles stretch the skin, and can cause laugh lines and crow’s feet.
- Get more sleep. Research shows that when you don’t get enough rest, your body produces excess cortisol, a hormone that breaks down skin cells. Proper sleep with help your skin stay healthy, refreshed, and radiant.
- Before you go to bed, apply a reparative moisturizer to stimulate cell production. Look for ingredients such as retinol or peptides, which give skin a boost of nutrients. Additionally, try layering an anti-aging serum with your moisturizer for even better results.
- Use a serum that has laser technology built in. Laser FX Perfect Serum from Dr. Brandt was inspired by the most effective in-office procedures, and targets lines and wrinkles with laser-sharp precision. It plumps skin, reduces wrinkles, and improves skin’s texture in just four weeks, so you get the results of a laser procedure without the needles and pain. #pickyourtarget and eliminate fine lines with this laser in a bottle.
Along with these tips, a good skin care regimen can go a long way in making you look young and flawless. There are many anti-aging creams, anti-aging lotions, and serums, among other formulations to help you turn back the clock. It’s never too late to get started.
Dr. Brandt Skincare offers a range of anti-aging skin care solutions that helps reverse the signs of aging and provide a youthful glow. Take years off your look with the right skin care and keep your age a secret. “Take the doctor home with you.” with Dr. Brandt Skincare.