Mornings and I don’t get along well. Part of this has to do with the fact that I’m a night owl, and the other part has to do with the fact that I work with teams in different timezones and tend to stay up really late getting things done.
Regardless of my reasons, early morning meetings are still part of my work life- and let me just tell you- it took a while to finally perfect my routine so my mornings stopped being such a chore.
Here are 5 Ways to Make Mornings Easier.
- Pick out an outfit the night before. You don’t have to go as far as laying it on or anything, but just having an idea of what you’re going to wear is going to save you from having to think and coordinate first thing in the morning. It will also save you from running around looking for that one shirt that actually sitting in the laundry hamper. I, also, check the weather to see if what I have in mind is appropriate or not. Bonus! When in doubt- throw on a statement necklace. You can’t go wrong.
- Use an in-shower moisturizer to cut down on wasted time. I use Jergens® for Wet Skin in the shower then pat dry with a towel, and go out to get dressed. It locks in the moisture. This is the perfect product for those of us who have dry skin and need all the extra help we can get.
- Make your makeup routine as simple as possible. My entire morning makeup routine is broken down into 3 easy steps- tinted moisturizer, blush, and if I’m feeling super fancy, eyebrow tint. Super simple and easy. I tend to stay way from wearing undereye concealer too often, (not that I don’t need it) because I tend to touch my eyes often and don’t want to rub it off.
- Protein powder, bars, or shakes are your best friend. Your body needs fuel first thing in the morning. That means that you need to eat in order for your brain to function properly. Protein is the best thing you can feed your body, and grabbing a bar or throwing strawberries, a banana, and spinach in a blender with a scoop of protein powder will keep you full until lunch.
- Top knots are your friends. Seriously. But if you’re not into topknots (what’s wrong with you?) you can still throw your hair up in a messy ponytail and add a cute headband or clip to make it look presentable. Also, dry shampoo.
And there you go- these are my tried and tested 5 ways to not feel rushed in the morning and get a few minutes of extra sleep. Because at the end of the day, that’s all that matters.
This blog post was sponsored by Jergens® but the opinions are all my own.